An Exercise in Writing Metaphors: Complete the sentences to make your own metaphors.
1. The moon is a peeled banana.
2. Freckles are red peas when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were pulleys as they lifted the heavy chair.
4. The stars are diamond as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a fireworks as it clawed against my window.
6. The freshly mowed lawn was a green carpet.
7. The noisy children were step hitting elephant as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a dancer as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a big tornado as it twisted and turned down the mountain.
10. His cheeks were bright tornado as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.